Tim helps clients with their most challenging employment and partnership matters across the full range of sectors. He works alongside clients both domestically and on cross-border issues to deliver pragmatic and commercial solutions, often in time-critical, high-risk and strategically important situations.
Tim helps businesses to resolve both their employment/partnership-related contentious matters (to both execute and avoid litigation), and in other matters affecting their workforces such as strategic advisory matters, M&A, restructuring and protecting business interests.
With 16 years' specialist experience Tim has helped clients on all aspects of their employment and partnership-related challenges, from setting up new businesses, to executing complex and multi-faceted internal investigations and implementing team moves.
Tim has guided clients through some of the largest domestic and cross-border M&A and takeover matters in recent years, dealing with employee-related issues throughout the world.
Tim has been singled out by clients and the legal directories for his client-focused, pragmatic and commercial advice. Chambers and Partners has commented on his ability to bring "an extremely commercial view to the issues" and that he is "highly innovative in solving management problems", while Legal 500 notes him as a "Tough negotiator…always one step ahead of the other side".
Tim is a proponent of the firm's diversity and inclusivity initiatives and is one of the firm's dedicated Mental Health Mentors.
Some of Tim's recent experience includes advising:
- a leading financial institution and a global hedge fund on multi-million pound High Court bonus disputes and wrongful termination allegations
- a number of global financial services institutions on the implementation of the new UK Senior Managers and Certification Regime and Europem Regulations on deferred remuneration
- various professional services firms and financial institutions on the defence and implementation of team moves and associated injunctions and undertakings
- a major UK insurer on it handling and resolution of various whistleblowing complaints by three senior members of staff
- the administrators of Nortel Networks on the employment issues arising from the administration of 30 subsidiaries in EMEA, including insolvency/restructuring issues and a series of substantial cross-border M&A transactions
Tim has an degree in law (first class honours) from Oxford University (MA Oxon).