Employers seeking to obtain a competitive advantage need to strike a balance between labour productivity, employment costs and staff engagement. We understand that a strong industrial relations strategy is critical to achieving this balance.
Our industrial relations service assists clients to:
- integrate workplace arrangements with operational objectives
- diagnose impediments to operational outcomes
- devise appropriate strategies to overcome impediments
- comply with legal obligations
- mitigate industrial relations risks
We provide practical, solutions-based advice that enables our clients to navigate the procedurally complex industrial relations regulatory regimes, and to achieve their commercial objectives while minimising legal and reputational risk.
We partner with clients in all areas of workplace relations including:
- business restructures and workplace reform
- industrial action, picketing and dispute management
- drafting and implementing individual and collective employment agreements
- union and individual workplace rights
- emerging workplace issues including drug and alcohol testing, sham contracting and the interaction of social media and the workplace
- obligations towards employee representatives, including information and consultation obligations
In the current environment, many employers are faced with litigation in response to initiatives they have taken. For others, litigation may be necessary to protect the business from debilitating industrial action. We provide an unparalleled depth of resources and experience to manage such litigation, be it locally or on a coordinated national or international basis.