Roger assists clients with acquiring and disposing commercial, residential and industrial real estate, property development, due diligence, leasing, licensing and planning matters.
He is committed to providing clients with clear and pragmatic advice. He appreciates the importance of understanding the objectives of a brief, and the value of working collaboratively with clients to achieve effective solutions.
Prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills, Roger practised in planning and property law. He had carriage of development appeals in the Land and Environment Court of NSW, advised on disputes involving real estate assets and was involved in various commercial transactions.
Roger’s experience includes advising:
- Mirvac in relation to leasing of the Australian Technology Park at Redfern
- Westpac and Commonwealth Bank as financiers of the 275MW Darlington Point Solar Farm in relation to property issues
- Real Utilities in relation to embedded utility network arrangements in various developments for Frasers Property Group
- Greenland Australia in relation to the Greenland Centre development in Bathurst Street, Sydney
- Wilson Parking in relation to car park leases.
Roger holds a Bachelor of Laws and a Bachelor of Arts from the University of Sydney, and is admitted to the Supreme Court of New South Wales.
Roger speaks English and Shanghainese, and has intermediate proficiency in Mandarin.