Nicholas assists his clients with structured direct and indirect real estate, business asset and property trust acquisitions, financing and disposals; tenders, property development, due diligence; commercial, retail and industrial leasing (both landlord and tenant); property and development management, co-ownership and other commercial agreements.
Nicholas’ work with clients includes advising:
- Charter Hall and Morgan Stanley on the acquisition of Macquarie Bank's Sydney head office, One Shelley Street, King Street Wharf for A$525 million
- BlackRock and Centuria Funds Management on the joint venture acquisition of the iconic Zenith towers, Chatswood for over A$279 million
- GIC Real Estate and Frasers Property Australia (formerly Australand) on the sale of trusts and real estate comprising a portfolio of 26 industrial logistics centres around the country for over A$1 billion
- Mirvac on the sale of trusts owning two commercial office towers in Sydney and on the direct land sale of two office towers in Canberra
- Aqualand on the acquisition of a commercial office tower in North Sydney, its bid for another North Sydney tower and its bid for the Australian Technology Park in Redfern
He has helped clients across the Asia Pacific region on a range of significant and complex real estate deals, adopting a solutions focussed approach designed to get the deal done.
Nicholas works with clients across the spectrum of property transactions, including buying, selling, developing, managing and leasing and also advises on the establishment, acquisition and disposal of property holding vehicles.
Clients value his technical excellence, commercially focussed solutions, pragmatic approach and exceptional client service.
Nicholas’ expertise is recognised in the market – he is listed as a leader in real estate in Australia by Chambers Global 2006-2015. He was also listed as one of the 'Best Lawyers' in real estate in Australia in 2009 – 2015 and top 10 Australia in Who's Who Legal 2013 – 2015.