We help financial buyers find the wins which generate outperformance in competitive global markets, providing sector expertise, local market knowledge and cutting edge legal solutions.
We can help private equity firms, sovereign wealth funds, alternative capital providers, pension funds, financial institutions and all other financial buyers with a range of areas including:
- local and global capital raisings
- deployment of capital through the entire spectrum of transactions, eg controlling or non-controlling, listed or unlisted, global or local, individual or consortium deals
- understanding new sectors through our market leading infrastructure, energy, financial services, telecommunications and technology and real estate sector experts
- changing your focus, eg moving from passive to active investing, into new geographies or across product types
- structuring co-investments and partnering with other financial buyers in consortium deals.
On the launch of SSL Partners I and SSL Partners II, real estate funds established to develop and own premium quality care homes
Investa Property Group
Advising on the acquisition of management rights of the listed ING Office Fund – now Investa Office Fund (IOF) with total assets of $2.6 billion
Centro Properties Group
Advising on the restructuring, including the US$9.4 billion sale by Centro and its managed funds of US assets to a fund managed by private equity house Blackstone Group, as well as a restructure of Centro’s headstock debt and a proposed amalgamation of various funds including the listed Centro Retail Group
Abacus Property Group
Advising on the establishment of a A$600 million real estate joint venture investment trust with Heitman LLC (on behalf of a large Korean pension scheme) with the acquisition of properties at Walker Street Sydney and St Kilda Road, Melbourne
Advising on its acquisition of Tangerine Confectionery Group and a number of high-profile real estate matters including the acquisition of 25 North Colonnade, Canary Wharf by way of the acquisition of a Jersey limited company
Advising a Hong Kong listed company, on a HK$150 million subscription of new shares by a third party investor involving a SFC whitewash waiver and SFC Repurchase Code repurchase of convertible bonds held by China Enterprise Capital, a private equity fund
Gavin is a senior corporate M&A lawyer, with particular expertise in public takeovers, shareholder activism, private equity and venture capital investments, and in investment work in Africa.