Isabel is a junior associate in the finance practice in the Madrid office.
She advises banks, funds, lenders, borrowers and sponsors on the structuring and implementation of sophisticated and syndicated financing transactions, including asset finance, loan portfolio transactions and securitisations.
Isabel's experience includes advising:
- an American multinational investment management and financial services company on a complex transaction involving (i) the acquisition of a mortgage loan portfolio from Banco Santander represented by mortgage transfer certificates (CTHs) with an estimated outstanding value of €700 million; (ii) the incorporation of a private securitisation fund for the securitisation of the mortgage transfer certificates and (iii) the public securitisation Clavel Residential 2 RMBS 2022 backed by the issue of Spanish bonds, as arranger (Project Macondo)
- an American multinational investment management and financial services company on a complex transaction involving (i) the secondary acquisition of a mortgage loan re-performing portfolio originated by BBVA represented by mortgage participations (participaciones hipotecarias or PHs) and (ii) the 2022 international securitisation Clavel Residential DAC RMBS backed by the acquired loan portfolio, as arranger (Project Ceos)
- a financial entity, as lender, on the Spanish and English law aspects of the refinancing of four pools of Spanish NPLs through a facility granted to an Irish entity 100% owned by the Waterfall Asset Management's funds (Project Paloma)
- a French financial entity, as lender, on the Spanish law aspects of the financing to Cerberus for the acquisition of a Spanish non-performing loan portfolio with a value of c. € 750 million sold by CaixaBank (Project Yellowstone)
- a French financial entity, as lender, on the Spanish law aspects of the financing to Cerberus for the acquisition of a Spanish real estate portfolio sold by Cajamar (Project Jaguar)
Isabel holds a dual degree in Law and Business Administration from the Universidad de Deusto. She also holds a dual master's LLM in Corporate Law and Access to the Legal Profession from IE Law School.
She speaks Spanish, English and French (basic level).