Amro assists and supports on domestic and international power, energy and infrastructure projects. He has worked on a number of energy, infrastructure and regulatory transactions in various jurisdictions across the Middle East and Europe.
Amro’s experience includes assisting and advising on:
- Middle Eastern state electricity utility company, in relation to the proposed privatisation of its distribution and transmission subsidiaries
- a confidential client in relation to the acquisition of a 100MW electricity battery project
- a confidential client in connection with a global corporate restructuring in various jurisdictions
- Stagecoach Group plc on the transition of East Midlands Trains to Abellio as incoming franchisee
- a wholly owned subsidiary of the Public Investment Fund on the strategic procurement and implementation of a new city development in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. This includes advising on and drafting contracts relating to project management, construction and facilities management (including PPPs), consultancy services and master plans
- Uber on its US$3.1 billion acquisition of Careem, the largest provider of internet-led transportation in the Middle East. This was the biggest ever technology acquisition in the Middle East
- a leading projects developer in connection with disputes concerning delay, disruption, defects, and cost claims arising from the construction of a luxury hotel and mall in the UAE
Amro is qualified as a solicitor in England and Wales. Amro holds a Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in Political Science and History from the University of Toronto.
Amro is fully bilingual in English and Arabic.