Based in London, Gabrielle has more than 28 years of experience advising on the US law aspects of innovative and complex capital structures across the globe, with a particular focus on transactions in EMEA.
Gabrielle has a broad finance practice working with PE and private capital firms, corporates and banks, advising on the full spectrum of capital and financing instruments including high yield bonds, term loan B, asset based loans, fund financing, US private placements, cross border guarantee and collateral structures, direct lending and distressed investment opportunities as well as the restructuring of structured products.
She is ranked as a 'highly regarded' lawyer for banking and capital markets: debt by IFLR 1000 (2022) and is recognised as a 'key lawyer' in Legal 500 (2022) for acquisition finance; debt capital markets and bank lending: investment grade debt and syndicated loans.
Gabrielle's experience includes:
- Hipgnosis Songs Fund Limited, a Guernsey-registered investment company, on: (i) its inaugural up to £100 million NAV-based, secured New York law governed revolving credit facility from JPMorgan Chase Bank N.A.; (ii) a £150 million New York law NAV-based revolving credit facility with a syndicate of lenders, with JPMorgan Chase Bank N.A., as lead arranger, and various amendments including increases in the facility size to $600 million; and (iii) a warehouse financing transaction in respect of a high value catalogue.
- Johnson Matthey, in connection with the issuance of its €225 million 1.90% series A sustainability-linked senior notes due 2032, £35 million 2.77% series B sustainability-linked senior notes due 2029 and US$50 million 3.00% series C sustainability-linked senior notes due 2029.
- Crédit Agricole Corporate & Investment Bank & Ester Finance Technologies, in connection with: (i) the establishment of an up to US$100 million New York law governed securitization program for trade receivables from the TK Elevator group; and (ii) the establishment of New York law governed securitization program for off-balance sheet trade receivables for the US subsidiaries of Tarkett pursuant to a Master Framework Agreement.
- GIC Private Limited, the controlling shareholder of Greenko Energy Holdings ("Greenko"), India's second largest independent renewable power producer by operation, in connection with: (i) the issuance by Greenko Power II Limited of US$1 billion 4.3% green senior notes due 2028 guaranteed by Greenko; and (ii) the issuance by Greenko Wind Projects Mauritius Limited of US$750 million 5.5% senior notes due 2025 guaranteed by Greenko.
- Victorian Funds Management Corporation, in connection with its participation in a number of New York law governed Term Loan Bs in the Australian market, including, among others: (i) an A$1.85 billion First Lien Term Loan Facility to Voyage Australia Pty Limited; (ii) the $A786 million First Lien Term Loan Facilities to APOG BidCo Pty Ltd; and (iii) A$460 million First Lien Term Loan Facility to CX Bidco Pty Ltd.
- Kilara Management Pty Ltd., as agent and security trustee, in connection with a syndicated financing with Tasman Environmental Markets Pty Ltd, the general partner of the Tasman Environmental Markets Limited Partnership, as borrower, secured by VCUs (Verified Carbon Units) and VERs (Verified Emissions Reductions).
- Pareto Securities on the US$500 million private placement of notes by a special-purpose vehicle (SPV) to fund a limited recourse loan between the SPV and an oil trader. The proceeds of the loan funds a US$500 million prepayment under an oil prepayment contract with the Kurdistan Regional Government
Gabrielle is a graduate of:
Columbia University of New York, J.D., 1994
Princeton University, A.B. cum laude, Economics, 1991
Gabrielle is the co-author of a number of published articles and publications including: "Executing US Term Loans B in Europe" (Butterworths Journal of International Banking and Financial law, May 2016); "Aspects of Securitization of Future Cash Flows under English and New York Law" (Duke Journal of Comparative & International Law); "Impact of Successor to LIBOR on US Credit Agreements"(February 2019); and "Are you ready for the new lease standards under IFRS 16?" (December 2018).