Nanda is based in Shanghai. Her practice covers a wide range of corporate and commercial work including cross-border M&A transactions, foreign direct investment, private equity, joint ventures and corporate restructurings in China. She also advises clients on regulatory, general corporate and commercial matters.
Her clients include multi-national corporations and Chinese companies in a broad range of sectors, including aerospace, automobile, chemical, consumer goods, food and beverages, financial services, pharmaceutical, real estate and TMT.
Nanda's experience includes advising:
- SF Holding, parent company of SF Express on its over RMB5 billion acquisition of Germany logistics group DHL's supply chain operations in mainland China, Hong Kong and Macau
- Associated British Foods on disposal of its sugar business in south China, for a consideration of RMB1.68 billion
- British American Tobacco's corporate venture capital arm in its investment in a Chinese domestic private equity fund through a bespoke deal structure, the first of its kind in China
- Diageo with the joint venture with Yanghe, a Chinese well-known spirits manufacturer to create the first new to world Chinese alcoholic brand
- Hua Hong Semiconductor Limited on (i) its US$400 million issuance of subscription shares to China Integrated Circuit Industry Investment Fund Co., Ltd. ("IC Fund") and (ii) entering a US$2.5 billion joint venture with its wholly-owned subsidiary, Shanghai Huahong Grace Semiconductor Manufacturing Corporation, IC Fund and Wuxi Xi Hong Lian Xin Investment Co., Ltd.
- Jaguar Land Rover on its joint venture project with Chery Automobile Corporation in China
- United Technologies Corporation on its voluntary conditional general offer for all the outstanding shares and options of GST Holdings, a leading fire alarm system and solution provider in the PRC which was previously listed in Hong Kong and was subsequently privatised after the transaction
- Grace Semiconductor on its offshore and onshore mergers with Hua Hong Semiconductor
- China TOP M&A Lawyer 2019
Asian Legal Business
- Acritas Star – independently rated lawyer
Acritas 2018, 2019
Nanda has been based in our Shanghai office since 2005. She is fluent in English, Cantonese and Mandarin.