Nanda is the Head of Corporate, China. She has extensive experience in advising clients on doing business in China and cross-border transactions with a China element, and also leads our Shanghai and Beijing offices.
Nanda's practice covers a wide range of corporate and commercial work including cross-border M&A transactions, foreign direct investment, private equity, joint ventures and corporate restructurings in China. She also advises clients on regulatory, data privacy, general corporate and commercial matters.
Her clients include multi-national corporations and Chinese companies in a broad range of sectors, including aerospace, automobile, chemical, consumer goods, food and beverages, financial services, pharmaceutical, real estate and TMT.
- Notable practitioners - Corporate M&A, China
Chambers & Partners 2021-2023
- "Nanda Lau is so commercial, available and so practical" and "knows what the client wants from a corporate legal perspective."
Chambers & Partners 2022
- Leading individual – Corporate M&A, China
Legal 500, 2020-2023
- Winner of Lexology Client Choice
- China TOP M&A Lawyer 2019
Asian Legal Business
- Acritas Star – independently rated lawyer
Acritas 2018, 2019
Experience & expertise
- SF Holding, parent company of SF Express on its over RMB5 billion acquisition of Germany logistics group DHL's supply chain operations in mainland China, Hong Kong and Macau
- Associated British Foods on a joint venture with an Asian leading food company in China to create a key player in the bakery ingredients sector in China
- British American Tobacco's corporate venture capital arm in its investment in a Chinese domestic private equity fund through a bespoke deal structure, the first of its kind in China
- Diageo with the joint venture with Yanghe, a Chinese well-known spirits manufacturer
- Keppel on the divestment of its stake in Keppel Logistics (Foshan) Co., Ltd. and Keppel Logistics Hong Kong to Sinoway Shipping
- Hua Hong Semiconductor Limited on the establishment of a USD 6.7 billion joint venture in Wuxi with other State-owned enterprises including China Integrated Circuit Industry Investment Fund II.
- Jaguar Land Rover on its joint venture project with Chery Automobile Corporation in China
- United Technologies Corporation on its voluntary conditional general offer for all the outstanding shares and options of GST Holdings, a leading fire alarm system and solution provider in the PRC which was previously listed in Hong Kong and was subsequently privatised after the transaction
- Grace Semiconductor on its offshore and onshore mergers with Hua Hong Semiconductor