William is a corporate lawyer specialising in public and private mergers and acquisitions.
William advises clients in various industries on a range of corporate transactions, including takeovers, schemes of arrangement and negotiated acquisitions and disposals, as well as shareholder arrangements and restructures. He has significant experience in large-scale transactions, particularly demergers, and has completed secondments with a number of different clients, including most recently with one of Australia’s largest private equity funds.
William was recently recognised in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in Australia for his work in both mergers and acquisitions law and private equity law.
William holds a Bachelor of Laws (First Class Honours) and Bachelor of Commerce (Finance) from Monash University. He was admitted to practice in Victoria in December 2016.
Experience & expertise
- Tabcorp on its A$10.5 billion demerger of its Lotteries & Keno business, The Lottery Corporation
- BINGO Industries on its A$2.3 billion acquisition by MIRA by way of scheme of arrangement
- Iluka Resources on its A$2.5 billion demerger of its royalties business, Deterra Royalties
- Healthscope on its response to the approaches from the BGH-AusSuper Consortium and Brookﬁeld and the successful A$4.4 billion scheme of arrangement and simultaneous takeover bid by Brookﬁeld
- Wesfarmers on its A$19 billion demerger of Coles
- Alinta Energy and its shareholders on the sale of Alinta to Chow Tai Fook Enterprises (and the dual-track initial public offering process)
- BGH Capital on a number of acquisitions and investments in the cyber security sector.