Sara Midori Martínez
Sara advises clients on transactions in the energy, resources and infrastructure sectors.
Sara is an associate in the firm's corporate practice based in London. Her experience includes advising clients on their projects and transactions in the energy, resources and infrastructure sectors.
She was previously based in the firm’s Madrid office from 2016 to 2018, and Tokyo office from 2018 to 2023. During her time in Tokyo, she completed secondments with INPEX Corporation legal team and ITOCHU Corporation; where she worked on oil and gas projects, M&A and other private commercial transactions.
She is qualified as a Solicitor in England & Wales and as an Abogado in Spain .
Sara holds Bachelor of Laws and a Bachelor of Political Sciences & Public Administration (E-5) from the Universidad Pontificia de Comillas (ICADE).
Experience & expertise
- SINOPEC on the settlement of an eight-year North Sea oil dispute with REPSOL through a US$2.1 billion transaction whereby Repsol will acquire Sinopec's 49% share in Repsol Sinopec Resources UK
- Marubeni Corporation on its intended acquisition of a minority stake in Medgaz, owner of the Spain-Algeria oil pipeline
- Sumitomo Metal Mining in relation to the Pomalaa Project, a joint venture in Indonesia to develop a high-pressure acid leach plant to process limonite nickel ore
- Statkraft Markets GmbH on the negotiation of a PPA for a photovoltaic project located in Alcalá de Guadaira, Sevilla, with an aggregate installed capacity of 170MW developed by BayWa r.e.
- Andasol-1 and Andasol-2, as well as their direct shareholders Antin Energía Solar and Guadisol, on their refinancing of the existing facilities granted by Banco de Sabadell and a syndicate of Spanish and international financial institutions, including BNP Paribas and Portigon