Sam is a Senior Associate in the firm's corporate practice with a focus on the energy and infrastructure sectors.
Sam advises on a range of energy and infrastructure projects both in the UK and internationally, including advising on project acquisitions, disposals and developments in the energy, infrastructure and defence sectors. He has previously spent time on secondment to EDF Renewables' in-house legal team assisting with the corporate and development aspects of its on-shore wind power projects.
Sam studied law at the University of Bristol before commencing training and qualifying in 2016. Sam joined Herbert Smith Freehills in February 2019.
Experience & expertise
- Copenhagen Infrastructure Partners on the disposal of two operational UK biomass power plants, with a combined capacity of 85.7MW
- DIF Infrastructure on the disposal of its stakes in a number of UK and Spanish infrastructure assets
- Birmingham Highways Limited on the restructuring and retendering of a £2 billion 25-year highways rehabilitation, management and maintenance PPP contract
- PEARL Infrastructure Capital on its acquisition of a majority stake in the development stage Bioenergie Wismar Combined Heat and Power Plant in Germany
- a UK solar fund on all aspects of the acquisition and development of over 250MW of UK solar projects
- Mitsubishi Corporation in relation to the Facility D independent water and power project in Qatar
- the Ministry of Defence in relation to the UK Military Flight Training System PPP training programme.