As certified specialist in employment law he has a broad experience in all fields of individual and collective employment law.
Particularly, Moritz advises international and national companies on the structuring of employment contracts, the implementation of HR measures and on issues of works constitution law. He also represents clients in employment court proceedings and negotiations with works councils and trade unions. Another focus of his work is the advice on transactions and all restructuring and outsourcing measures as well as the implementation of remuneration systems and incentive plans. Furthermore, Moritz advises on cross-border data transfers and on employee data privacy law matters.
- Johnson Matthey on the purchase of the energy storage business of Clariant AG and the integration of the employees
- Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB) on a strategic joint venture with Unibail-Rodamco regarding the indirect acquisition of a 46.1% interest in mfi AG, the second largest German Shopping Centre Operator
- Deutsche Bank / Morgan Stanley on employment and co-determination issues in connection with the intended IPO of Senvion SE, a wind turbine manufacturer with main seat in Hamburg
- Shunfeng Photovoltaic International Limited, one of the largest Chinese providers of products for the solar industry and the owner of module maker Suntech, on employment and pension issues of the acquisition of the business of S.A.G. Solarstrom AG, a developer and operator of solar power plants and the owner of meteocontrol, a world market leader in the professional monitoring of photovoltaics systems, from the insolvency administrator of S.A.G. Solarstrom
- profine GmbH, one of the world's leading supplier of profiles for windows and doors, shutters and facades as well as PVC sheets, on group-wide restructuring, site closure and negotiations of a company-specific collective bargaining agreement with the IG BCE trade union
- Kunz/Gregori, "Increased costs of company pension schemes", Personalwirtschaft, Magazin für Human Resources, 6/2016, pages 63 – 65
- Co-author of "Restructuring and M&A – German Employment Law Guide", published by Dr. Otto Schmidt, Cologne 2011
Moritz graduated from the Johannes Gutenberg University in Mainz and was admitted to the German bar in 2007. He focused in employment law from the beginning of his career and is admitted to practice as a certified specialist in employment law since 2011. Prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills in 2014, Moritz worked with the employment groups of other major international law firms. He is fluent in English.