Matt is a solicitor in our Projects, Energy and Infrastructure team in the Melbourne office.
Matt has a breadth of experience in advising public and private sector clients within Australia and internationally on the procurement and delivery of a diverse range of infrastructure developments across various sectors, including residential and commercial developments, public transport (rail and road) and energy infrastructure.
Matt works closely with clients, including private property funds, government entities, project sponsors and contractors, throughout all stages of the project lifecycle. He takes a pragmatic approach to advising clients on procurement structuring, commercial drivers and risk allocation that help to deliver best-for-project outcomes while achieving clients' commercial objectives for each project
Matt holds a Bachelor of Laws and Bachelor of Arts from Monash University.
Experience & expertise
- Victorian Government Department of Transport on the procurement and delivery of Next Generation Trams rolling stock
- a property investment fund owned by a confidential UK-based asset management firm on the procurement of small- and large-scale development works under design and construct contracts in relation to properties in its Australian asset portfolio
- Dexus on the procurement of small to large scale construction works in relation to various assets within its property portfolio
- a confidential international client on the procurement of a broad variety of assets for a new city development in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, including the procurement and delivery of rolling stock and rail systems infrastructure
- a global financier on the prospective project financing of a large-scale seawater desalination project located in South America, including performing due diligence on project documents including various engineer, procure and construct contracts