Marta is an of counsel, specialising in tax and based in Madrid.
Marta has extensive experience providing tax advice to large corporates, financial institutions and investment banks, as well as Spanish private equity and international funds.
She works with clients on a broad range of national and international tax issues, although her practice focuses primarily on acquisitions, investments, reorganisations and transactions, as well as the tax aspects of financing and financial transactions.
Her expertise in tax is highlighted by listings in Chambers Europe and Legal 500, and she has also been ranked in Best Lawyers. Her clients praise her expertise and client focus: “She has great market knowledge and I've had a really great experience with her as a lawyer."
Marta joined Herbert Smith Freehills from the Madrid office of another international law firm, where she was a senior associate in its Tax department. Prior to this, she worked in one of Spain’s leading law firms.
Experience & expertise
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Oaktree Capital Management, GoldenTree, Axactor and other international funds on the acquisition of loan portfolios and single names, with and without guarantee, both in a situation of performing non-performing, as well as various real estate portfolios (including through the creation of joint ventures in some cases)
- Magnum Capital Partners
- on the acquisition of Iberchem, a group of companies involved in the production of fragances and flavours
- on the disposal of Iberchem, a group of companies involved in the production of fragances and flavours, to Euroazeo
- on the acquisition of Centro Médico Teknon, a leading hospital in the Spanish private healthcare sector
- on the sale of Centro Médico Teknon, a leading hospital in the Spanish private healthcare sector
- on the acquisition of Cobralia Servicios de Recuperación, a debt recovery platform
- on the €60 million acquisition of Lexer 2001, one of the key players in mass litigation legal services and debt recovery
- Deutsche Bank
- as lender, on the Spanish law aspects of the financing to Cerberus for the acquisition from BBVA of a developer mortgage loan portfolio (Project Jaipur)
- as lender, on the Spanish law aspects of the financing to Cerberus to acquire a REOs portfolio from Sabadell (Project Challenger/Coliseum)
- The Carlyle Group España
- on the acquisition of 39% stake in Jeanología, a leading company in sustainable and efficient finishing technologies for textile, coding, packaging, and other industrial applications
- on the acquisition of Bimba & Lola.