Marta is a senior associate in our real estate practice.
Marta is an associate in our real estate division, specialising in real estate law and advising leading Spanish and international clients on a wide range of complex real estate transactions, development, real estate-finance and urban planning matters.
Her experience includes acquisitions and disposals, refinancings, property development, negotiation of lease agreements and construction contracts and issues related to the horizontal property of different real estate assets.
In the 2021 and 2022 editions, she was ranked in the Best Lawyer in the Real Estate Law category. In addition, Marta was included as a "Key Lawyer" in the 2021 edition of the Legal 500 EMEA in the real estate practice.
Marta has a law degree by the Universidad of Zaragoza, partially studied in The Hanzehogeschool of Groningen (Netherlands) and a Master's Degree in Law from the Universidad of Villanueva of Madrid, partially studied in Berkeley College of New York. She speaks Spanish and English. She joined Herbert Smith Freehills from another international law firm in Madrid.
Experience & expertise
- Greystar Global Strategic Partners in its Forward Purchase Acquisition of a residential property in Downtown Madrid consisting of 455 units (target constructed area: 29,000 sq.m.) to be developed by ACCIONA INMOBILIARIA and operated by GREYSTAR as a large built to rent scheme*
- Greystar Real Estate Partners, LLC in the acquisition of a residential property located in Gran Via 48, a prime location in Madrid, comprising 100 units acquired from seven different sellers*
- CBRE Global Investors on behalf of its value-add fund European Value Partners (EVP 2), and its joint venture partner Valfondo (a developer and manager of Montepino logistics assets in Spain) on the sale to Bankinter of a portfolio of 22 Spanish logistics assets, totaling 865,000 sqm, together with a development pipeline of a further 13 logistics assets*
- LaSalle Investment Management in connection with the acquisition of a portfolio of six cash and carry stores of MAKRO Spain from METRO PROPERTIES, the real estate company of METRO AG, as part of a sale-and-lease-back transaction*
- Ferro Corporation, leading global supplier of technology-based performance materials, in the sale of its global Tile Coatings Business to Pigments Spain, S.L., a portfolio company of Lone Star Funds, for $460 million in cash, with potential earnout payments of up to $32 million in cash based on the performance of the business pre-closing, subject to customary adjustments*.
*Experience prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills