Jerome is a senior associate specialising in international arbitration.
Jerome specialises in international arbitration and public international law. He is based in London and has previously spent time in our Paris office and on secondment to a client in the energy sector.
Jerome has experience acting for clients in international disputes under various arbitration rules such as LCIA, ICC, SCC, UNCITRAL and ICSID, as well as in arbitration-related proceedings before the English High Court.
He is qualified as a solicitor in England & Wales and is also a qualified solicitor advocate.
Jerome holds degrees in law and international relations from the University of Oxford and Sciences Po Paris. He speaks German, French and Mandarin.
Experience & expertise
- global energy majors in relation to a unitisation of participating interests in an oil field involving commercial and treaty arbitration claims and parallel litigation
- an independent power producer in LCIA arbitrations against a South Asian state-owned power purchaser in relation to a tariff dispute and claims relating to the construction and commissioning of a hydropower plant under a power purchase agreement
- an independent power producer in an LCIA arbitration against a South Asian state under a sovereign guarantee to recover amounts payable by the power purchaser under a power purchase agreement
- an investor in the telecommunications sector in a South-East European country in English High Court proceedings defending a state-owned company's challenge to an arbitration award
- a multinational defence and aerospace group in a London-seated LCIA arbitration brought by a former employee of a subsidiary pursuant to a guarantee given by the parent company
- a US healthcare company in ICC arbitration proceedings arising out of an M&A transaction
- a truck manufacturer on their pan-European defence of damages actions arising out of the European Commission's Trucks investigation, one of the most high-profile competition infringement and follow-on damages cases in Europe