Gareth’s practice focuses on corporate finance, corporate governance, and mergers and acquisitions.
Gareth advises clients in a broad range of industries, and has counselled leading corporations on multibillion-pound deals.
He was recognised by Chambers and at Legal Business Magazine’s Legal Business Awards as one of the UK’s leading mergers and acquisitions lawyers. He regularly writes for legal publications on topics such as corporate governance, corporate restructuring and directors’ duties.
Experience & expertise
- JJB Sports on the £83.4 million disposal of its Fitness Clubs business, company voluntary arrangements, the £100 million placing and open offer, and new financing arrangements
- BAA Airports on its £15.6 billion takeover offer from Ferrovial and a competing bid from a Goldman Sachs–led consortium
- Virgin Group on the £1.17 billion recommended offer by NTL for Virgin Mobile with associated quadruple-play brand licence
- AOL Time Warner in relation to the proposed combination of its Warner Music Division with the music businesses of EMI Group
- London & Continental Railways on the Channel Tunnel Rail Link.