Julius specialises in advising on complex M&A and capital markets transactions as well as corporate law.
Julius is experienced in advising listed companies and assists clients in public and private M&A as well as other ECM transactions. His sector focus includes Energy, Manufacturing & Industrials and Real Estate.
In addition to his qualification as a lawyer, Julius is appointed as a notary with official residence in Frankfurt am Main. (Legal and Regulatory)
Since 2021, Julius is ranked as one of “Germany’s Best Lawyers” for M&A by Best Lawyers/Handelsblatt. According to Legal 500 Germany he "…combines his deep legal expertise in M&A, classic corporate matters and capital markets with a strong commercial understanding."
Julius graduated from Westfälische Wilhelms-Universität Münster. He spent one year at a private university in the Kansai region (Japan) where he studied Japanese business law.
Julius is a German native speaker, business fluent in English and fluent in Japanese.
Experience & expertise
- Pacifico Energy Partners on joint ventures with Volksbank Mittelhessen as well as with Eiffel Investment Group, both in order to pool their resources for the development of renewable energy projects with a respective combined capacity of at least 300 MW
- a Chilean steel manufacturer on its joint venture with a German construction engineering company in relation to the engineering/development and construction of a hydrogen power plant
- Apex Group, a leading developer and operator of green hydrogen electrolysis plants, on their indirect listing on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange via the sale of all shares to Prime Standard listed investment holding exceet Group SCA as well as its shareholders on the subsequent mandatory offer to the outstanding exceet shareholders
- Rheinmetall on the acquisition of EXPAL Systems, a globally active ammunition maker
- learnd Limited, a leading provider of energy management solutions on the De-Spac by GFJ ESG Acquisition
- the lenders in relation to the financing of the 725 kilometre, 1.4 GW NeuConnect Interconnector project between the UK and Germany
- a bank syndicate including Société Générale and Natixis on the takeover financing and cash confirmation in connection with the €6.7 billion takeover bid of Faurecia for HELLA
- Federal Republic of Germany on its interest in Airbus SE
- Deutsche Bank and JP Morgan as joint bookrunners on the increase of HOCHTIEF AG’s share capital by just under 10 percent against cash contribution
- Ningbo Jifeng Auto Parts Co., Ltd. on its €0.6 billion public takeover offer regarding Grammer AG
- Vonovia SE on its €13.3 billion voluntary public takeover offer for Deutsche Wohnen AG
- ICBC on the takeover financing and cash confirmation in connection with the €3.9 billion takeover bid of Midea Group for German robotics specialist KUKA AG
- Italmobiliare S.p.A. with respect to the sale of 45 % of the shares in Italcementi S.p.A. to HeidelbergCement AG for €1.67 billion