Claire advises clients on domestic and cross border commercial, regulatory and transactional matters across the Technology, Media and Telecoms sector. She has worked in-house on secondment with British American Tobacco in their IT Legal Team, BSkyB Group in their Copyright and Content Team and FilmFlex Movies.
Claire is also involved in the professional support side of the practice. She is particularly involved in legal know how and considering the impact of legal and industry developments on clients. Claire edits and contributes to a number of firm publications and external publications (including the regular Computer Law and Security Review). She is a member of "Women in Film and Television" and the firm's "Brexit Know How Group".
- a global FTSE100 company on a number of outsourced arrangements underpinning a new strategic e-commerce platform
- Telefónica UK on its ground breaking network sharing collaboration with Vodafone
- a global telecoms operator on its application for a mobile operator licence in Myanmar
- a leading MVNO on the proposed sale of its MVNO business
- British American Tobacco on a variety of strategic global IT projects including business critical software, hardware and services procurement as well as providing advice in respect of a number of other operational arrangements. Claire undertook some of these matters as part of her secondment to the IT Legal Team
- BSkyB Group Plc on a variety of matters, including transitional service arrangements following its £200 million acquisition of Telefónica UK's consumer broadband business, its £160 million acquisition of Virgin Media Television and a number of projects relating to content licensing and distribution arrangements across a range of platforms
- FilmFlex Movies Limited on a number of key commercial arrangements underpinning its cable and online movies businesses, including software development and services agreements for the online platform, arrangements with online service partners and movie content licensing deals with major Hollywood studios and UK independent distributors
- Bharti Airtel, India's largest mobile operator, on its US$10.7 billion acquisition of Kuwait-based Zain's businesses in 15 African countries, the second largest acquisition ever by an Indian company
- Regulatory assistance in respect of Cable & Wireless Worldwide's £1.04 billion recommended offer from Vodafone
Claire has an MA from Cambridge University in Natural Sciences (specialising in Physical Chemistry). She has a distinction in the Legal Practice Course from BPP Law School.