We advise our clients as they harness the power and adapt to the impact of technology for their businesses. We work with our clients at all stages of technology creation, investment, implementation, use and monetisation.
Our experience advising technology and technology-enabled companies, users of technology, and investors focussed on technology gives us deep understanding of the relationships, opportunities, risks and strategies involved in the market. We are thought leaders and anticipate and respond to and advise our clients on the effect and legal and regulatory implications of the adoption and exploitation of new technologies and technology enabled delivery models.
As technology is increasingly driving innovation in other sectors, in particular energy, infrastructure, transport and financial services, we use our extensive global expertise in those sectors to help our clients adjust to that innovation.
We regularly advise on:
- legal constructs that foster and support the creation, acquisition and use of technology, including technology licensing and associated technology exploitations arrangements and agreements
- identifying and managing risks in the development, deployment, use, sale or procurement of technology (including cloud, shared platform and multi-tenancy solutions), including advising on long-term technology agreements
- technology collaboration, services and systems integration projects, including the design and negotiation of multi-supplier environments and associated contractual arrangements
- expanding businesses into multiple segments and markets
- legal and regulatory environments and frameworks relating to technology and related ecosystems, including the impact of technology, telecommunications, data, cyber, financial services and other sector-specific regulations
- assessing the value and risk in technology assets
- shaping and protecting processes for data collection, licensing-in, use, manipulation and monetisation
- early identification and management of potential technology-related disputes
We support our clients with technology in its widest sense, including data, digitisation of assets, data analytics and exploitation of data as a strategic corporate asset, artificial intelligence, robotics, internet of things, blockchain, drones, smart infrastructure, transport and cities, and augmented and virtual reality.
We also offer fully-integrated advice on technology mergers and acquisitions, investments, tax, employment, regulation, competition, telecommunications, data protection and privacy, cyber security and outsourcing to support all of our clients' technology related activities.
JIANGSU CHANGJIANG ELECTRONICS TECHNOLOGY CO. LTD. (JCET)
Advising a Chinese semiconductor company, on a pre-conditional voluntary general offer for STATS ChipPAC Ltd., a company listed on the Singapore Stock Exchange worth US$780 million. This was one of the largest TMT deals in Singapore in 2016 and was one of the biggest Chinese acquisitions in the semiconductor space. This deal won Southeast Asian Asset & Corporate Finance Deal of The Year, Asian Legal Business (ALB) Awards 2016
Aegate, a pan-European IT services provider
Advising on arrangements for the provision of medicines authentication technology and related services to participants in the European pharmaceuticals sector to enable them to comply with the requirements of the Falsified Medicines Directive, as well as advising on their data analytics and data services solutions
Ministry of Defence
Advising on the design and structuring of the re-procurement of its entire IT estate supporting the armed forces, using a new IT platform model
A FTSE 100 business services provider
Advising in relation to contract arrangements for a new IT platform to support the provision of mortgage operations and mortgage origination services to a major UK bank servicing more than 250,000 mortgage customers and £23billion of lending
Transport for London
Advising on the £660m procurement of systems for next generation of technology for the iconic Oyster card and contactless payment systems for the 9 million journeys made on London's transport network each day