Angela Portocarrero is a Junior Associate at Herbert Smith Freehills
Angela is a junior associate in the Madrid dispute resolution team, where she specializes is international arbitration. She is also involved in domestic arbitration and litigation. She joined Herbert Smith Freehills in September 2020. Before joining the firm, she completed internships in other major law firms in Madrid.
Angela holds a double degree in Law and Political Science and Public Administration awarded by the Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, which she partially studied at the Universiteit Utrecht (the Netherlands). She also holds a Master's Degree in Access to Legal Practice awarded by the Universidad Pontificia de Comillas (ICADE) as well as additional education from the London School of Economics and the University of Exeter.
Angela's working languages are Spanish, English and French.
Experience & expertise
- acting for a Chilean construction company in an arbitration against a Peruvian public body in relation to a dispute arising from a road construction agreement (ICC, Panama City, Peruvian law, Spanish)
- acting for a Spanish company in an arbitration against another Spanish company in the renewable energy industry in relation to a dispute arising from the construction of various solar power plants (ICC, Madrid, Spanish law, Spanish)
- acting for a Sovereign State in proceedings relating to the appointment of an arbitrator (Spanish courts)
- assistant to the arbitrator in a dispute between two Swedish companies arising from an agreement for the sale of various plots of land in Spain (SCC, Stockholm, English, Spanish law)
- assistant to the arbitrator in a dispute arising from a sale and purchase agreement of shares of a Spanish company in the transportation industry (ICAM, Madrid, Spanish, Spanish law)