Herbert Smith Freehills has been a proud signatory of the Australian Law Council’s Gender Equitable Briefing policy since its inception. We are focussed on widening the pool of barristers whom we brief with a particular focus on briefing more women.
- 25% of all briefs nationally were to female barristers
- 36% of all briefs to junior counsel nationally were to female barristers (equating to 42% of the total dollar value of those briefs)
- focussing on our Disputes practice alone, female barristers received:
- 40% of all briefs to junior counsel nationally (equating to 44% of the total dollar amount of those briefs)
- in our Brisbane Disputes practice, more than half of all our briefs to junior counsel
- in our Melbourne and Sydney Disputes practice, more than half the dollar value of briefs to junior counsel.