Will advises clients on a breadth of insurance and reinsurance disputes. In particular Will assists policyholders across a range of sectors and types of insurance as well as defending professional negligence claims against insurance brokers. In addition, Will advises clients in relation M&A disputes in particular warranty & indemnity (W&I) and other transactional risk insurance claims.
Will has completed secondments to Marsh & McLennan Companies where he worked with the in-house litigation team as well as to our Singapore office.
Will's experience includes advising:
- the Financial Conduct Authority in its ground-breaking business interruption insurance test case for losses arising out of COVID-19, both in the Commercial Court and Supreme Court
- a private equity house in relation to claims for breach of warranty against W&I insurers as well as associated escrow disputes with warrantors in the Commercial Court
- a reinsurer in Commercial Court proceedings against retrocessionaires in relation to a marine constructive total loss
- a global mining company in respect of its liability, property and D&O insurance claims arising out of a catastrophic loss
- a major insurance broker in relation to a professional negligence claim arising out of subsea cable failures on an offshore windfarm
Will graduated from the University of Oxford with a first class degree in Classics. Will joined HSF as a trainee in 2016 and qualified as a solicitor in England and Wales in 2018 and as a solicitor advocate in 2020.