Will is a partner in the banking and finance division in London with expertise in acquisition financing.
Will has over 20 years' experience in a wide variety of financing transactions with a focus on acquisition and leveraged finance. His work reflects London’s status as a global financial centre undertaking premium cross-border transactions for international clients.
Clients regularly describe Will as very hands on, putting in a huge amount of work to get the transactions over the line and coordinating a skilled team very well, making complicated matters run smoothly. Legal 500 cites clients' recognition of Will's 'excellent market knowledge' while IFLR1000 ranked him as 'Highly Regarded' for Banking (2019). Will was recognised as one of MergerLinks' Top 10 Finance lawyers in EMEA in 2021.
Experience & expertise
- Bank of America and HSBC on the £1.5 billion term and $1.4 billion and £1 billion revolving facilities for the demerger of GSK's consumer healthcare business and listing as Haleon plc
- National Grid on the £8.25 billion bridge facilities for its acquisition of Western Power Distribution
- Bank of America, CACIB, HSBC and J.P. Morgan on the EUR 4.4 billion bridge facilities for Euronext's acquisition of the Italian Stock Exchange
- Aquiline on the unitranche and super senior financing for its acquisition of Wealth at Work Group
- Cabot Square on the financing for its acquisition of the Premier Modular group
- Citi, Natixis and Santander on the £450 million acquisition facilities for CLH's acquisition of Inter Pipeline Europe.