Travis has experience working on both regulatory and internal investigations, advising on compliance issues and working on commercial disputes including insurance disputes, construction disputes and judicial review proceedings.
In relation to compliance and investigations, he has worked on regulatory and internal investigations both within Australia and across multiple jurisdictions in South-East Asia. In relation to commercial disputes, he has worked on disputes in a range of courts including the Queensland Supreme Court, the Queensland Court of Appeal, the Federal Court, applications for special leave in the High Court, the Hong Kong High Court and the Magistrates Court.
Travis’ experience includes assisting:
- an international engineering firm in an investigation by a Hong Kong regulator into alleged misconduct in relation to a multi-billion dollar construction project
- an international oil company with an internal investigation into alleged misconduct in various South-East Asian jurisdictions
- a global investment bank in an investigation by a Hong Kong regulator into alleged misconduct in Hong Kong and China
- an ASX listed company in relation to an ASIC investigation
- an international investments company with a D&O Policy dispute in the Hong Kong High Court in relation to potential liability arising in Austria
- a national apprenticeship provider in judicial review/declarations proceedings before the Full Bench of the Federal Court
- a global mining company with an application for special leave to appeal to the High Court
- a policyholder with a Supreme Court insurance dispute following the destruction of a Royal Australian Navy vessel
Travis holds Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Laws (with Honours) degrees from the University of Queensland. He has worked in both the Brisbane and Hong Kong Disputes teams.
Travis is admitted in the Supreme Court of Queensland and is on the Federal Register of Practitioners.