Travis has experience working on a range of commercial insurance matters – both advisory and contentious – with a particular focus on property and business interruption insurance, directors’ and officers’ insurance and construction all risks insurance. Travis’ expertise has been recognised by clients and peers in the Legal 500 guide, where he was listed as a Rising Star in the Insurance sector in both 2020 and 2021.
He also has experience in a range of regulatory and internal investigations and advising on ABC, whistleblowing and compliance issues. He has worked in both our Brisbane and Hong Kong offices and has experience in disputes and investigations both within Australia and in South-East Asia.
Travis’ recent experience includes assisting:
- in a series of Supreme Court and Court of Appeal insurance disputes relating to the destruction of a Royal Australian Navy vessel
- an Australian mining company’s property damage and business interruption claim following damage to a tailings dam
- in business interruption claims resulting from COVID-19 / government responses to COVID-19
- an oil refinery in relation to its property damage claim following damage to its pipeline infrastructure
- an education provider in relation to concurrent claims under a D&O Policy and a deed of indemnity
- an international engineering firm in an investigation by a Hong Kong regulator into alleged misconduct in relation to a multi-billion dollar construction project
- various entities with developing compliant whistleblowing procedures, providing whistleblowing training and investigating issues raised by whistleblowers
Travis holds Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Laws (with Honours) degrees from the University of Queensland and is currently completing a Masters of Law at the University of Melbourne. He has worked in both the Brisbane and Hong Kong Disputes teams.
Travis is admitted in the Supreme Court of Queensland and is on the Federal Register of Practitioners.