Thomas is a Senior Associate and Solicitor Advocate in our dispute resolution team.
Thomas is a Disputes lawyer in our London office. Thomas advises on a broad range of commercial litigation matters, many of which have cross-border elements. Thomas advises clients in the context of all forms of dispute resolution, including High Court litigation, arbitration and mediation.
Thomas has worked for various UK and international clients, including in the Media & Telecommunications, Consumer Products, Oil & Gas and Financial Services sectors. Thomas also has experience in managing pensions-related litigation and, in 2018, participated in a client secondment in the pensions industry.
Thomas is passionate about pro-bono work and working with the community. Thomas is actively involved in our PRIME mentoring scheme and is a Governor at a Primary School in central London. Thomas is also heavily involved in the firm's pro-bono programme and advises a long-standing client of the firm in connection with their efforts to challenge the laws in those jurisdictions around the world which continue to criminalise homosexuality.
- Pro-Bono Award Winner, 2017 – Inspiring Young Talent
Thomas read History and International Politics at university in Brussels and graduated with a first-class honours degree in 2011.
Experience & expertise
- advising the former directors of an international oil & gas company in connection with investigations brought by the Insolvency Service
- advising a European investment company in connection with its High Court claim concerning the breach of exclusivity provisions under a binding Heads of Terms
- advising the former legal advisers to the trustees of a UK pension scheme in their defence of professional negligence proceedings brought in the High Court
- advising a global Telecommunications company in its defence of LCIA arbitration proceedings brought to recover funds paid to extend the date for completing a contemplated transaction
- advising a major Japanese oil & gas company in its defence of breach of warranty proceedings brought in the High Court
- advising the Joint Administrators in respect of Proof of Claim proceedings brought in the estate of a former global telecommunications company
- advising a Chinese entity in connection with potential fraud proceedings arising out of the acquisition of a global media rights company.