As pensions-related issues continue to take centre-stage across the corporate world, it is more important than ever that legal advice is technically accurate and comprehensible, recognises a clients' own business imperatives along with the challenges of the industries and markets in which they operate.
We work with corporates and trustees across all industries, and with professional advisers and public and regulatory bodies on the most complex, strategically important and reputationally risky pensions matters across finance (employer covenant), insolvency, tax (including tax disputes), general and public law, dispute resolution, state aid, and financial services law globally.
Drawing on our powerhouse dispute resolution experience, we handle all kinds of pensions disputes, advising on many landmark cases and guiding our clients through complex court proceedings, investigations and Ombudsman disputes, or resolving disputes out of the public arena by alternative dispute resolution means.
We understand that strategy and the way we manage your matter are as important as technical excellence to ensure you obtain cost-effectiveness and assured quality.
We help clients using our particular expertise in:
- Funding Solutions: TUI Travel on its funding negotiations with the trustees of its £1.7 billion defined benefit pension scheme, including on the establishment and restructuring of its asset backed funding arrangement
- Privatised schemes: EDF on its pension restructuring exercise to cap pensionable pay, and are long term advisers to the Trustees of the Railways Pension Scheme
- Public sector: Transport for London on the restructuring of Metronet which involved the first pension scheme rescue of an insolvent company
- Insolvency: Nortel on the significant European pensions issues arising from its global bankruptcy filing
- Disputes: Coats Group Plc on its defence of an ongoing Pensions Regulator investigation