Nusrat is a disputes partner in the London-based public law practice.
A solicitor advocate, Nusrat has extensive experience helping clients with a range of public and administrative law matters including judicial review, statutory appeals, regulatory disputes, investigations, public and other inquiries, professional regulation, human rights and freedom of information issues, as well as procurement matters.
Nusrat works with commercial organisations and public sector bodies including regulators, with her experience covering numerous sectors and fields including, amongst others, media, telecoms and broadcasting, consumer, energy, all modes of transport, utilities, pensions, financial services, planning, competition, and taxation. She has significant experience acting across the full range of parties, whether claimants, defendants, interested parties or interveners.
She is ranked in Band 1 for Administrative and Public Law in Chambers UK and is recognised in the "Hall of Fame" for Administrative and Public Law in Legal 500 UK. Nusrat is commended for being "a tough litigator, and that strong backing for a client is good to see" (Legal 500 UK, 2023), "a fantastic lawyer who always has a good understanding of her clients and their objectives" (Chambers UK, 2023), and recommended "for her cool, calm and collected approach to knotty problems" (Chambers UK, 2023).
Experience & expertise
- Virgin Trains in its successful challenge against the Department for Transport in relation to the West Coast Mainline franchise
- Aquind Limited in a successful judicial review of BEIS regarding its refusal to grant a Development Consent Order
- High Speed 2 in the defence of four procurement litigation challenges commenced by disappointed bidders regarding the rolling stock competition
- NNB Generation Company (a subsidiary of EdF) as an interested party successfully defending judicial review proceedings relating to the proposed Sizewell C power station
- The Financial Reporting Council in relation to the successful defence of judicial review proceedings relating to the bringing of a formal complaint against a member firm