Mia is an Senior Associate in Sydney, with extensive experience advising clients across the APAC region on their commercial and corporate needs.
Mia has acted on a number of market-leading mergers and acquisitions with a particular focus on telecommunications and technology transactions. She has acted for both buyers and vendors on strategic industry acquisitions, financial investments and innovative joint ventures.
Mia's experience includes advising:
- edotco Group on its majority acquisition of Myanmar Tower Company, one of largest cross-border M&A deals in Myanmar and the first M&A transaction in the Myanmar telecommunications sector
- SoftBank on its equity funding round investments into taxi app GrabTaxi, part of one of the largest rounds of financing ever in South East Asia
- Axiata Group, in respect of its divestment of a minority stake in Smart Axiata, a leading telecommunications operator in Cambodia, to Mitsui & Co
- an Asian based private investment group on its investment into Tokopedia, the leading online market place in Indonesia
- Lendlease, an international property development company, on its US$2.5 billion joint venture with the Malaysian government for the Tun Razak Exchange development in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Mia has a Juris Doctor and undergraduate degrees (Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Arts) from the University of Sydney, Australia. Mia is Australian qualified and is a registered foreign lawyer in Singapore.