Mia has extensive experience advising clients across the APAC region on their corporate and commercial needs. She has acted on a number of market-leading mergers and acquisitions with a particular focus on technology, media and telecommunications transactions.
Mia advises clients on public and private mergers and acquisitions, equity investments, fund raising, joint ventures, commercial agreements and corporate advisory, acting on a broad range of industry transactions and for financial investors.
Mia brings a depth of knowledge and experience to both Australian domestic and cross-border transactions, having spent a number of years working in the Herbert Smith Freehills Singapore office.
Mia’s experience includes advising:
- TPG Telecom on its A$16.5 billion merger with Vodafone Hutchison Australia, including the listing of the merged group and the separate demerger and listing of the TPG Singapore business, Tuas Limited
- JCDecaux on its A$1.1 billion acquisition of APN Outdoor
- AccorHotels on its proposed A$1.2 billion acquisition of Mantra Group by way of scheme of arrangement
- Seven West Media on the sale of its magazine business (Pacific Magazines) to Bauer Media, its acquisition of all the business and related assets of Prime Media Group, its acquisition of Community News Group in Western Australia from News Corp, and a range of other transactions across equity capital markets, mergers & acquisitions and commercial agreements
- Adevinta on its sale of the Gumtree Australia, Carsguide and Autotrader online classified business
- Seven Group Holdings on its A$350 million convertible bond issue, conversion of its TELYS4 securities into ordinary shares and its $530 million placement and share purchase plan
- Domain on its acquisition of commercial real estate advertising portfolio, CommercialVIEW.com.au, and the sale of its MyDesktop business
- Apple on the Australian aspects of its acquisition of music-recognition app, Shazam
- Quintet Partners on its investment into leading Australian technology recruitment firm, Talent International
- Softbank Group on its investment into taxi app GrabTaxi, part of the US$2 billion Series F round, one of the largest ever rounds of financing in SE Asia at the time
- a leading Hong Kong-based investment fund on its investments into Tokopedia, the leading online marketplace in Indonesia
- a leading Asian e-commerce company on its investment into Go-Jek, Indonesia’s leading ride-hailing start-up
- edotco Group, a leading Asian towers infrastructure company, on its acquisition of Myanmar Tower Company, one of the largest cross-border M&A deals in Myanmar and the first M&A transaction in the Myanmar telecommunications sector, as well as the spin-off of tower assets from edotco’s parent company Axiata in Bangladesh, Cambodia and Sri Lanka, including negotiating ongoing equity and commercial agreements
- Perpetual Limited on its $275 million placement and share purchase plan
- Westpac on the sale of its financial advisory business to Viridian Advisory
- Wilmar on its acquisition of the other 50% of Goodman Fielder from its joint venture partner, First Pacific
Mia has a Juris Doctor and a Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Arts from the University of Sydney.