Matt advises companies and investment banks on corporate and compliance matters. In particular, corporate finance, including initial public offerings, secondary offerings and mergers and acquisitions.
Matt has advised:
- CICC and CEBI, as joint sponsors and underwriters, on the HK$2.93 billion IPO and spin-off listing of China Everbright Greentech Company on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange
- Macquarie Capital and Citigroup Global Markets Asia, as the underwriters and joint sponsors, of the US$178.2 million IPO of Minsheng Education Group Company and its listing on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange
- Hua Hong Semiconductor on its US$400 million issuance of subscription shares to China Integrated Circuit Industry Investment Fund and entering a US$2.5 billion joint venture
- Sun Art Retail Group on the US$2.87 billion acquisition of a 26.02% interest in Sun Art by Taobao China, the mandatory unconditional cash offer by China International Capital Corporation Hong Kong Securities on behalf of Taobao China to acquire all of the issued shares in Sun Art, and the future business cooperation agreement between Sun Art and Alibaba
- Sino-Alliance International on the HK$470.4 million placing of shares in Hua Hong Semiconductor
- Corporation, Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley as joint bookrunners, on the US$1.1 billion IPO of Sun Art Retail Group, the largest hypermarket operator in China
- Goldman Sachs as the sole sponsor in connection with the listing, by way of introduction of shares of Hutchison Telecommunications Hong Kong Holdings on the Main Board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange
Matt is qualified as a solicitor in England and Wales and in Hong Kong. He is a native English speaker and speaks fluent Putonghua and Japanese.