- an upstream oil and gas company in a claim valued in excess of USD 5.5 billion in relation to a joint investment in offshore North Sea oil and gas assets (English law, SIAC arbitration in Singapore)
- a multinational energy company in connection with a USD 18 billion sham arbitral award fraudulently rendered in Egypt and related arbitral enforcement proceedings in the Northern District of California
- a Spanish construction company in an ICSID arbitration against the Republic of Algeria under the Spain/Algeria BIT in relation to public housing construction projects (ICSID Case No. ARB/17/1)
- a leading mining company against an African state-owned company in an ICC arbitration in Paris in relation to mining concessions
- a multinational hospitality company in an ICC arbitration in London and related UAE court proceedings
- a Chinese bank in negotiations with African states for the financing of a major hydropower project
- a leading steel and mining company in relation to arbitral enforcement proceedings in the Southern District of New York (Québec law applicable to the underlying dispute)
Louis earned is J.D. (Hons) from Bond University, Australia and an LL.M. in Chinese Law from Tsinghua University, Beijing, where he was a senior editor for the University's law review and a mooting coach. He also earned his B.A. in Political Science from University Laval, Canada. Louis is admitted to the New York Bar.