Laura Ackroyd (née Stuckey) is a Senior Associate in the firm's corporate practice with particular expertise in mergers and acquisitions.
Laura focuses on advising listed and private corporate clients on transactional and advisory work.
She has experience on a wide variety of corporate transactions, including public takeovers, cross-border private M&A, corporate finance transactions, joint ventures and private equity investments. She also regularly assists clients with corporate governance and company law issues.
Experience & expertise
- Polyus Gold International on its US$9 billion takeover by Sacturino Limited
- Telefónica on its agreement to sell O2 to Hutchison Whampoa, parent company of UK telecom operator Three (aborted)
- Ping An on its acquisition of the Mayborn Group, a manufacturer of infant and parenting products including the popular "Tommee Tippee" brand
- Euromoney on Daily Mail and General Trust's reduction in its stake in the company to less than 50% pursuant to a share buyback by Euromoney
- BHP Billiton on various matters, including on divestments of mining assets