Jim has worked in all areas of corporate law, and currently specialises in private infrastructure investment and development, with a focus on health, public services, public utilities, transport, water and other social infrastructure.
Jim has particular expertise in major construction and infrastructure works, including complex project-financed build, own, operate and transfer projects. He also has extensive experience in outsourcing contracts, particularly government outsourcing and major business restructuring.
Jim regularly deals with project agreements, concession deeds, engineering procurement and construction management contracts, as well as downstream operation and maintenance agreements. He has advised on the negotiation of government agreements and concession-granting deeds for various forms of social and economic infrastructure.
Jim's experience includes:
- Transurban on the A$2 billion CityLink road project in Melbourne
- ERG Group on its smart card transit-fare collection systems for city transport projects in Australia, Italy, the UK and the US
- a variety of private and public health projects on operation and maintenance agreements
- various clients on the outsourcing of government services and utilities services (including operation and maintenance)
- various clients on business acquisitions
Jim holds a foreign lawyer practising permit from the New York Supreme Court. He is a member of the International Bar Association, including international construction law and aeronautical law, and the Law Council of Australia. He often presents papers and seminars on the topic of works contracts, infrastructure projects and outsourcing, and is recognised as an expert in this field.
He graduated from Melbourne University with degrees in Law and Commerce. Jim also holds formal qualifications in the Greek language.