Jamie is a technology lawyer in the Digital Law Group. He advises clients across all sectors on their digital transformation projects, as well as commercial and technology contracting. Jamie has a particular focus on the application of emerging technologies, including blockchain, smart contracts and artificial intelligence.
Jamie combines legal expertise with a deep understanding of technology solutions, having worked for over a decade in managing and implementing technology projects for clients of all sizes. He is fluent in several coding languages and is an experienced mobile app and website developer.
Jamie has particular experience advising clients on commercial, regulatory and outsourcing matters across a range of sectors as well as technology-related corporate matters.
During his training, Jamie completed a six month secondment to a major international financial institution, where he advised on a variety of commercial contracts and digital transformation initiatives.
Jamie's recent experience includes advising:
- TSB Bank plc on a strategic IT infrastructure and operations partnership to support its digital transformation objectives, strengthen its IT resilience and leverage higher value technology
- a large natural resources company on its proposed investment in a blockchain-based technology solution
- a digital banking technology provider on its joint venture with a large financial institution to modernise the institution's core banking infrastructure
- a large technology company on its colocation arrangements
- a major vehicle manufacturer on the data consequences of its rollout of new vehicle technologies
Jamie read law at the University of Nottingham and the Australian National University, before completing the Legal Practice Course at BPP Law School. He joined the firm with over a decade of technology projects experience, including as a developer.