Irina is a highly experienced energy lawyer, advising clients on transactions across the Asia region and globally. She has been based in Singapore since 2010.
Irina's practice covers major cross-border acquisitions and disposals, joint ventures and project development transactions in a number of sectors, including oil and gas (including LNG), power, infrastructure, mining and refining. Irina's work for energy sector clients, including a secondment to a Singapore trading desk of one of the oil and gas majors, means that she is extremely familiar with the sector specific issues of concern to clients, both in M&A transactions as well as in project development and commodity trading transactions.
Highly regarded by clients and market peers, Irina has been named Young Lawyer of the Year (Law Firm) at the Asian Legal Business SE Asia Law Awards 2020.
Irina's experience includes advising:
- China Power International Holding Limited on all aspects of its acquisition of Zuma Energia, Mexico's leading independent renewables generator, which develops, finances and operates a portfolio of more than 800MW of wind and solar power projects. Our role included advising on legal due diligence, transaction structuring and transaction documents (including W&I insurance)
- Chevron on all aspects of the disposal to MOL of its upstream oil and gas interests in the Azeri-Chirag-Gunashli (ACG) field in Azerbaijan and the Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan pipeline by way of an auction process, including advising on vendor due diligence, transaction structuring and sale and purchase documentation
- a confidential client on potential import of LNG into Malaysia and third party market access arrangements, including advising on and negotiating LNG sale and purchase agreements, Malaysian third party access arrangements (including LNG terminal and gas transportation pipeline access arrangements) and gas sale and purchase agreements
- Chevron on the sale of its upstream interests in the Malampaya Gas Project in the Philippines to Udenna Corporation, including advising on vendor due diligence and sale and purchase documentation
- a confidential client on proposed marketing and trading of LNG in the Philippines, including on ship-to-ship transfers
- a confidential power company on the structuring for sale and disposal of interests in an independent power plant in Pakistan
- a confidential international client in relation to its development of an LNG receiving terminal in Bangladesh, including on structuring and the implementation and gas sales agreements with the Government of Bangladesh and Petrobangla, including including advising on bulk breaking arrangements
- Santos on the sale of its upstream interests in Indonesia, Vietnam, Malaysia and Bangladesh to Ophir Energy plc for US$221 million. The transaction includes the sale of Santos’ 45% interest in the Sampang PSC (Oyong and Wortel gas fields) and 67.5% interest in the Madura Offshore PSC (Maleo and Peluang gas fields), both in Indonesia
- Chevron on the disposal of its geothermal assets and related power business interest in Indonesia and the Philippines to Star Energy, AC Energy and Electricity Generating Public Company. The assets include the Darajat and Salak geothermal fields in West Java, some of the world's largest geothermal power assets
- a confidential client on its LNG and terminal access arrangements in Egypt
- a confidential client in relation to LNG terminal ownership, access and use rights and sales of LNG/gas into China
- a confidential client in connection with the sale of its interests in a gas transportation project in Egypt
- a confidential client on joint venture arrangements for development of a petrochemical complex in South East Asia, including advising on governance and decision-making options during the pre-FEED and FEED periods prior to the incorporation of the joint venture company, arrangements for FID, as well as joint venture arrangements post-incorporation of the project company
- Pertamina on the due diligence, wind-down, and liquidation of the Petral Group, being Pertamina's trading subsidiaries in Singapore and Hong Kong
Irina graduated from the University of Oxford with a B.A. in Jurisprudence. She is admitted as a solicitor in England and Wales. Irina is bilingual in English and Russian.