Helen advises Chinese SOEs and private enterprises, as well as multinational corporations operating in China on various contentious matters, with a special focus on commercial arbitration, compliance and investigation, as well as other forms of disputes resolution including pre-action strategy and settlement negotiation.
Helen's experience includes advising:
- a leading Chinese SoE regarding an investigation led by a European enforcement authority on alleged bribery and mismanagement allegations
- an Australian education service provider on an internal investigation relating to commercial bribery allegations and its operations in China
- a leading Chinese entrepreneur and group of companies in CIETAC arbitration and parallel Hong Kong and Singapore court proceedings in defending claims brought by an international fund
- a China-based leading telecommunications company in an LCIA arbitration against a Cyprus company in regards to a dispute arising out of a large scale telecommunications project in Russia
- a top Korean conglomerate in PRC court proceedings against a leading Chinese bank regarding its enforcement of a demand guarantee
Helen obtained her LLB degree from Peking University in Beijing, and subsequently completed her GDL study in BPP Law School, UK and her PCLL study in the University of Hong Kong. She was admitted as a solicitor in Hong Kong in 2008. Helen has previously worked in Herbert Smith Freehills' London and Hong Kong offices. She is fluent in English and is a native speaker of Mandarin and Cantonese.