Helen advises Chinese state-owned enterprises (SOEs) and private enterprises, as well as multinational corporations operating in China, on contentious matters. Her practice focuses on commercial arbitration, compliance and investigation, as well as other forms of dispute resolution including pre-action strategy and settlement negotiation.
Helen's experience includes advising:
- a Chinese energy company in a SIAC arbitration brought by a German company regarding alleged breaches of a sale and purchase contract
- a leading Chinese entrepreneur and group of companies in CIETAC arbitration and parallel Hong Kong and Singapore court proceedings in defending claims brought by an international fund
- a China-based leading telecommunications company in an LCIA arbitration against a Cyprus company in regards to a dispute arising out of a large scale telecommunications project in Russia
- a listed Sino-foreign joint venture on an internal investigation related to compliance and accounting issues
- a leading Chinese SOE regarding an investigation led by a European enforcement authority on alleged bribery and mismanagement allegations
- an international education service provider on an internal investigation relating to commercial bribery allegations and its operations in China
Helen obtained her LLB degree from Peking University in Beijing, and subsequently completed her GDL study at BPP Law School, UK and her PCLL study at the University of Hong Kong. She was admitted as a solicitor in Hong Kong in 2008. Helen previously worked in Herbert Smith Freehill's London and Hong Kong offices. She is fluent in English and is a native speaker of Mandarin Chinese and Cantonese.