Hussein is an associate and solicitor advocate in our commercial disputes, private wealth, and charities team in London.
Hussein has worked on a variety of commercial and private wealth matters, frequently with an international dimension and typically involving complex issues. Hussein works with a broad range of clients which includes both public and private entities and spans governments, corporates, financial institutions, trustees, family offices, and high net worth individuals around the world.
Hussein also advises a number of UK and international charities on a range of matters, including establishment, governance, and charity legislation. He was shortlisted for the 2022 LawWorks Junior Lawyers Division Pro Bono Award. Then in 2023, he was shortlisted in the "Young Practitioner of the Year" category at the STEP Awards in 2023.
Hussein is a contributor to both Mithani: Directors’ Disqualification and Volume 42(3) of the Encyclopaedia of Forms and Precedents which focuses on specialist topics in wills and administration.
Hussein holds a first class degree in law from the University of Nottingham and was admitted as a solicitor in September 2019. Hussein became a solicitor advocate in January 2022 and has appeared before the Employment Tribunal and County Court on a number of pro-bono matters.
Experience & expertise
- High Speed Two (HS2) Limited in High Court proceedings brought by Siemens Mobility Limited
- Family offices and ultra high net worth clients on a range of issues including sham/illusory trusts, undue influence, and mental capacity
- An international hotel group in multiple LCIA arbitral proceedings
- Financial institutions and public sector organisations on how to settle disputes with deceased and incapacitated claimants
- The claimants in their successful application under section 68 of the Arbitration Act 1996 in Doglemor and ors v Caledor and ors  EWHC 3342 (Comm)
- A multinational media and digital marketing communications company in relation to a dispute concerning the provision of digital marketing services
- A Sierra Leone based organisation in applying to register as a charitable incorporated company