Frédéric is a partner in the firm's IP/TMT practice in Paris specialising in cross-border patent litigation, including the related regulatory aspects in the pharmaceutical field. He has developed particularly strong expertise in the life sciences and TMT fields, having been directly involved in a number of major and high value patent cases since 2010 for leading innovator pharmaceutical companies and leading TMT actors.
Frédéric’s practice focuses on representing pharmaceutical innovators and high-tech companies in cross-border patent litigation involving numerous jurisdictions. He has worked on high-profile cases which notably lead to the CJEU’s first decision addressing the subject matter and effects of a Supplementary Protection Certificate, and confirming the first granted decision in France (even Europe-wide) on this issue. In addition, Frédéric has worked on high-profile, multi-jurisdictional patent dispute involving Standard Essential Patents in the telecommunications field (UMTS and LTE, FRAND).
Frédéric’s experience includes advising:
- Major international pharmaceutical companies on the enforcement of patent and SPC rights on antibodies, small molecules, and second medical use claims, including in preliminary injunction proceedings.
- An international company on the remuneration of its employee inventor and assignment of invention.
- A spray gun manufacturer on the enforcement of its patents.*
- Major French and foreign smartphone and networks providers on the Pan-European enforcement of their standard essential patents (FRAND).*
- A major producer of household appliances on the defence of its rights to market washing machines against a third party's patents.*
*prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills