David advises clients on tax matters across all of the firm's sectors. David has a particular interest in advising on matters involving both tax and pensions, having spent a significant portion of his training contract working on pensions matters including two Part 8 claims in the High Court.
David's experience includes advising:
- (Tax) Inchcape plc on the sale of its Inchcape Fleet Solutions business to Toyota Fleet Mobility GmbH for £100 million, see further here
- (Tax) Hipgnosis Songs Fund Limited on its subsidiary's secured £65 million New York law revolving credit facility with JP Morgan, see further here
- (Tax) Synthomer plc on its rights issue of up to £204 million in connection with its proposed acquisition of OMNOVA solutions Inc. see further here
- (Pensions) Lloyds Banking Group in Lloyds Banking Group Pensions Trustees Limited v Lloyds Bank Plc & Ors  EWHC 2839 (Ch) - equalising benefits for the effect of GMPs
- (Pensions) G4S in G4S Plc v G4S Trustees Ltd  EWHC 1749 (Ch) – whether a scheme closed to final accrual where members had a final salary link was frozen
David holds an undergraduate degree in law from the University of Oxford and masters in law from UCL and the University of Oxford. During his training contract David worked as a judicial assistant in the High Court.