Danica is a Senior Associate in the Brisbane Real Estate group specialising in real estate transactions, leasing and other property matters.
Danica has experience in advising clients on real estate transactions, mixed-use developments, leasing and other property matters. Danica has significant involvement leading acquisitions and disposals of substantial real estate assets, co-ordinating legal due diligences for real estate projects and assisting and advising on developments and commercial and retail leasing matters both in Queensland and interstate for a variety of property assets and clients.
Danica was admitted as a solicitor in Queensland in December 2010. Danica holds a Bachelor of Laws and a Bachelor of Justice (Criminology) from the Queensland University of Technology in Brisbane.
Experience & expertise
- Acting on acquisitions and disposals of varying sizes and complexity of retail, commercial and industrial properties across Australia, including coordinating and conducting legal due diligence and negotiating sale contracts for single assets and portfolios for clients such as Charter Hall, MA Financial Group, Mirvac, Challenger, Propertylink, QIC, Investa and Vicinity Centres.
- Coordinating and managing vendor, purchaser and financier due diligence processes for all property types including commercial and industrial real estate for various clients, both in Queensland and interstate. In particular coordinating the review of due diligence material such as commercial and retail lease documents, advising on material issues identified for the purpose of due diligence in preparation for disposals and acquisitions of commercial real estate and tailoring reporting formats for clear delivery of information.
- Preparation and negotiation of retail, commercial and industrial agreements for lease, leases and ancillary documents for clients such as Charter Hall, QIC and Mirvac.
- Assisting and advising in relation to real estate developments including:
- the mixed-use development of the Brisbane Showgrounds at Bowen Hills including the development documentation and titling for the site, the sale and development of the 25 King site to Impact Group, the lease documentation for premises in the K1 and 25 King buildings and the development documentation for Exhibition Quarter, being a build to rent project;
- the development of Yarrabilba, a master planned community for 50,000 people;
- the development of Shoreline in Redland Bay, a master planned community for around 3000 residential lots and for approximately 50,000 people; and
- the development of the master planned communities at Springfield, Bulimba and Pine Valley.