Antony specialises in complex cross-border dispute resolution, in particular international commercial arbitration and investment treaty arbitration.
Antony also has extensive experience advising governments, international organisations and private sector clients in the area of public international law, including in relation to State and diplomatic immunity, sanctions and embargoes, recognition of States and governments, treaty law, human rights and international economic law. Antony also advises clients in relation to the cross-border aspects of criminal investigations.
Antony is tri-qualified, in Australia (Victoria), England & Wales and Hong Kong SAR. He acts as advocate in international arbitration proceedings and in arbitration-related court proceedings.
Antony is ranked in Chambers Global for Business and Human Rights Law where he is described as "leading expert on human rights and business, well versed across the full spectrum of issues including legal, political, international and commercial perspectives."
Antony's experience includes:
- representing an international technology group in proceedings before the Hong Kong High Court to obtain injunctive relief in support of ICC arbitration proceedings
- acting as counsel to an international energy major in UNCITRAL arbitration proceedings in Jakarta involving disputes in relation to disputes arising under a long-term service contract involving the use of deep well disposal technology
- advising a telecommunications conglomerate in relation to investment treaty claims against an Asian State
- advising a leading international bank in relation to the enforcement of a SIAC arbitration award in Indonesia
- advising an international technology group in relation to human rights issues associated with the digital surveillance practices of a number of Asian governments