Alejandra has broad experience in insurance and reinsurance disputes defending policyholders under energy, construction and engineering, product liability and environmental liability matters.
She has handled major claims involving construction and engineering companies (electricity, renewable energy, oil and gas) advising and representing policyholders and domestic and international insurers before the civil and criminal courts.
She has extensive experience in providing advice and monitoring work for international reinsurers in a number of Latin American jurisdictions. In particular, Alejandra has defended clients' interests in Mexico, Argentina, Colombia and Chile in connection with energy, property damage, professional indemnity, employers and product liability claims.
She has drafted o amended a range of relevant policies and has adapted to the Spanish market foreign policies from CAR/EAR policies to professional indemnity, K&R, contingency risks, product liability and recall policies.
Alejandra's experience includes:
- cover dispute based on alleged defective offshore platforms representing an international construction company against its professional indemnity insurers
- advise and defence of an international reinsurer following the property damage loss caused during the construction works of an hydraulic power plant in Spain
- defence of an electricity supplier and third party liability insurers against third party claims based on property damage and loss of profits following supply interruptions
- advise and defence of an insurer in a cover dispute in Mexico for alleged defective industrial product
- cover dispute in a product recall claim in the US related to life science sector
- defence of the liability insurers of an electricity supply company following a bush fire affecting over 600 owners of plots of land
- defence and advise to policyholder and property damage insurers in various recovery claims against owners of vessels and P&I Clubs following damages to offshore energy infrastructures
Alejandra has a Law Degree in Universidad de Navarra in 1997, MBA at IE Business School and Masters in Practice Law at IE Law School.
She joined the dispute resolution team at Herbert Smith Freehills in early 2015 after fifteen years in an international insurance law firm.