Alejandra works with clients in insurance cover disputes and in civil and commercial litigation matters.
She specializes in insurance and reinsurance disputes defending clients in the energy, engineering, and construction sectors. She has broad experience as well in product liability claims and environmental liability matters.
She acts as an advocate before the Spanish civil and criminal courts and as counsel to mediation and arbitration. Alejandra has assisted policyholders and insurers in international disputes resolution matters with extensive experience in a wide variety of the Latin American jurisdictions. She has assisted in adapting into the Spanish market foreign policies in different types of underlying risks, from CAR/EAR policies to professional indemnity, cyber and contingency risks, product liability and recall policies, among others.
Alejandra is ranked in Chambers Europe and Legal 500 in insurance.
Alejandra Galdos is best known for acting as counsel to insurers and policyholders and regularly coordinates cross-border proceedings.
"Alejandra is customer-focused and very smart in her approach. She understands our needs and knows how to address them."
"She often finds new and innovative solutions to problems."
Chambers Europe 2023 - Spain (Insurance)
She has a law degree by the Universidad de Navarra, a MBA by IE Business School and a master's degree in Practice Law by the IE Law School (Spain). She is an accredited mediator by CEDR.
She is a professor at ICADE University where she lectures Tort, Liability and European Insurance Business (Master's Degree in International European Business Law). She is a member of the Ilustre Colegio de la Abogacía de Madrid (ICAM – Madrid Bar Association).
Experience & expertise
- a pellet production mill designer and supplier, on its defence, in the arbitration proceedings brought before the Chamber of Arbitration in Milan, in relation to alleged defective design, LD's and loss of profits in the design, erection and commissioning of a plant together with a co-generation unit
- a sludge treatment company located in Sweden in connection with a cover dispute arising from an environmental damage loss
- a photovoltaic solar energy plant developer against the CAR insurer in a cover dispute for damages arising out of defective equipment affecting three different plants
- a renewable energy and power generation company, on integral pre-contentious and contentious advice in relation to the claim against the insurers for the losses caused by the design defect of equipment located in a solar plant in South Africa
- a power supply company on an appeal lodged in proceedings brought by an oil & gas producer following an interruption of energy