Andrew is an expert in all aspects of ﬁnancial services regulation and has a keen interest in partnering with clients to drive innovation in the ﬁnancial services industry.
Andrew has particular expertise in the areas of superannuation, life insurance and wrap platforms and acts for the full spectrum of clients in the ﬁnancial services industry.
Before entering to private practice in 2006, Andrew spent seven years with one of Australia’s largest ﬁnancial services businesses in a range of non-legal roles, giving him a deep understanding of how ﬁnancial services businesses operate in practice.
Andrew brings tremendous energy and enthusiasm to his work and especially enjoys working collaboratively with clients to help solve complex problems. Andrew is passionate about taking the time to truly understand his client’s needs and providing clear, practical advice that is focused on achieving commercial outcomes.
Andrew holds a Bachelor of Laws and a Bachelor of Business from the University of Technology Sydney.
Andrew has been recognised in Best Lawyers for Superannuation each year since 2019
Experience & expertise
- National Australia Bank - assisting to rationalise and restructure its wealth management business in preparation for the $2.4b sale of 80 per cent of its holdings in MLC
- TAL on the ﬁnancial services aspects of its A$640m acquisition of Suncorp Life and the negotiation of a 20-year strategic alliance agreement for the sale of life insurance products through Suncorp's distribution network
- AMP on the rationalisation of the AMP and AXA superannuation businesses following the merger of the two companies, which involved the successor fund transfer of several large public oﬀer funds
- advising on several signiﬁcant successor fund transfers, including:
- SPEC Super on its $3.4 billion merger with ESI Super;
- IBM on its $1.7 billion transfer to AustralianSuper;
- Westpac Banking Corporation/BT Financial Group in a $1.4 billion amalgamation and merger of several of its funds; and
- the Reserve Bank of Australia on its $1.3 billion transfer to Sunsuper
- regularly advising clients to establish innovative superannuation products, wrap platform products and insurance solutions