On 5 March 2020, the Australian Human Rights Commission released its fourth national survey on Sexual Harassment in Australian Workplaces. The report has wide-ranging implications for employers - from a policy perspective and what it means to the culture of the workplace.
In case you missed it, the Employment, IR and Safety team hosted a special webinar briefing session on the key findings of the report, and how employers can be on the front foot to address these issues.
During the session, our expert panel offered their insights on:
- The key findings of the report;
- what legislative and institutional reforms we might expect;
- practical implications on issues such as the use of non-disclosure agreements; and
- evolving to a best practice workplace culture.
The webinar panel discussion was led by partner Anthony Wood and included our guest panellists:
- Heather Price, Chief Executive Officer from Symmetra;
- Tamsin Lawrence, Deputy Director - Workplace Relations from the Australian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (ACCI);
- Catherine Dixon, Executive Director of the Victorian Human Rights and Equal Opportunity Commission; and
- HSF Senior Associate, Lucy Boyd.