Lucy is passionate about workplace reform and works closely with clients to get the best outcome.
Lucy Boyd is an Executive Counsel in the Employment, Industrial Relations & Safety Group. Lucy has experience in a wide range of employment matters, both in Australia and the UK. Lucy has worked with clients from a range of industries including aviation, retail, mining, banking and finance, building and construction and vehicle manufacturing.
More recently, Lucy has worked in the employment team of the London office of Herbert Smith Freehills, gaining particular experience in employment litigation (with a focus on sexual harassment and discrimination claims), executive employment issues and multi-jurisdictional transactions.
Lucy's experience includes advising on:
- advising on general employment matters, including rights under employment and privacy legislation, employment contracts and workplace policies
- advising on equal opportunity matters and defending clients in litigation
- providing strategic advice on termination of employment issues and acting for clients in unfair dismissal, redundancy, general protections and discrimination claims
- advising on key HR processes, including managing grievances, conducting workplace investigations, managing ill and injured employees and performance management
- advising on key employment risks in corporate transactions
- advising on executive terminations
- developing and delivering client-tailored training on a range of employment issues
Lucy holds a Bachelor of Laws (First Class Honours) and a Bachelor of Arts from Monash University, Melbourne. Lucy is admitted to practice as a barrister and solicitor in both State and Federal jurisdictions and is a member of the Law Institute of Victoria.