Tyler has extensive experience representing corporate defendants before federal and state courts, federal and state administrative bodies (including governmental audits), and in arbitration. He has successfully defended companies across a wide range of industries against improper pay and leave time claims, discrimination, harassment, and retaliation claims (including financial whistleblower claims), and a variety of other claims arising from the employment relationship, including contractual disputes.
Tyler regularly advises on best practices and litigation avoidance, including day-to-day compliance questions, providing customized trainings, conducting workplace investigations, and developing employee handbooks and personnel policies.
Tyler has been selected by New York Super Lawyers as a "Rising Star" in the employment field each year from 2016 to the present. He has also presented oral argument before the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals and the New York State Appellate Division, Second Department.
Tyler's experience includes:
- the successful defense (before the New York State Appellate Division) of a sexual discrimination and hostile work environment claim on behalf of a financial sector client
- obtaining pre-discovery dismissal on behalf of a prominent New York City animal hospital charged with retaliation under the New York Labor Law
- successfully opposing an attempt to enjoin the sale of an automotive dealership in New York federal court
- advising and providing trainings for clients in a variety of sectors on workplace harassment protections, with a focus on New York State and New York City requirements
- the successful defense of many corporate defendants charged with discrimination, harassment, and/or retaliation before the federal and state courts, the EEOC, the New York State Division of Human Rights, the New York City Commission on Human Rights, and the New York State Division of Labor Standards
Tyler received a B.A., summa cum laude, from Le Moyne College, and a J.D., magna cum laude, from the University at Buffalo School of Law.