Scott is a senior associate predominantly specialising in financial services litigation.
Scott advises financial services and corporate clients in relation to commercial litigation. Scott has specific experience in banking and financial services as well as employment disputes. Scott has spent time on secondment in our Hong Kong office, at the Royal Courts of Justice as a Judicial Assistant, and with the Litigation, Investigations and Enforcement Team at Barclays. Scott also Co-Chairs our London LGBT+ Network (IRIS) and advises on pro bono matters in the LGBT+ space both domestically and internationally.
Scott graduated from the University of Cambridge with a Bachelor of Arts in Law before completing the LPC at BPP University in London. Scott is a Solicitor Advocate with Higher Rights of Audience and is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
Experience & expertise
- a leading Australian bank in connection with a class action arising out of its former commercial banking operations in the UK
- a European bank on a large and multi-jurisdiction dispute arising from the sale of FX products
- a leading UK-based bank in relation to a claim arising out the alleged misselling of interest rate hedging products
- a European bank on a major cross-border internal investigation
- a major UK-based bank concerning taxation issues arising in Denmark
- a European bank concerning a set of claims in Spain arising out of the acquisition of a loan
- an Australian investment management company in relation to a high profile case in the London Employment Tribunal
- a major UK-based bank in relation to repeated attempts to undermine a securitisation structure